With warm weather in full swing, a beach party isn’t complete without the perfect snacks and drinks. Sip and savor your way through the ultimate day on the sand with these no-fuss appetizers, summer beers and refreshing cocktails. Visit Busch’s Fresh Food Market’s Blog today for summer recipe inspiration, then hit the beach with your friends and family to enjoy one of Michigan’s most beloved seasons.
These appetizers are healthy, tasty and most importantly, easy to put together. Prep ahead and pack up a cooler with a few of your favorites before a relaxing Michigan day full of sunshine, sand and water:
- Freshly cut-up veggies, such as broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, radishes and bell peppers with creamy hummus. Try Beirut Bakery, Sabra or Inspired Organics.
- Green beans or carrots served with a side of refreshing tzatziki cucumber sauce or kale pesto.
- Flavorful pasta salads like Busch’s homemade macaroni salad, chicken salad or even colored rotini pasta for an extra splash.
- Cut up watermelon, grapes or cantaloupe. Offer Cotton Candy grapes for additional sweetness.
- No-bake trail mix energy balls (roll together with peanut or almond butter), or more traditional trail mix, peanuts and almonds. The Gluten Free Bites pack a healthy protein punch in delicious flavors such as dark coconut chocolate.
- Mini sandwiches, wraps or rollups, such as turkey with cheddar cheese and sliced apple.
- Chips, pretzels and veggie straws — instant crowd-pleasers include Better Made BBQ, Cape Cod Salt & Pepper and One Potato Two Potato with Mexicali Salsa.
- An array of cheese and crackers, including Townhouse Focaccia and Carr’s Whole Wheat served with slices of cheddar, Gouda, goat Gouda and Camembert.
- Cold veggie pizza (made with crescent rolls, sliced veggies and a creamy dill or ranch sauce).
10-minute poolside dip
For a guaranteed hit, whip up this simple yet flavorful dip to serve with your favorite crackers or chips:
- 1 can corn
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can black olives
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
Michigan summer beers to keep on deck
- Our favorite locally-brewed beers this season:
- Bell’s Pooltime Ale
- Bell’s Oberon Ale
- Arcadia Brewing Co.’s Whitsun Ale
- Old Nation’s M-43 New England IPA
- Saugatuck Brewing Co.’s Oval Beach Blonde Ale
- Short's Soft Parade
Toss the following ingredients in a mixer and give it a good shake! For hotter days, try blending with ice:
Pineapple Rum Punch:
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- Equal parts Canada Dry ginger ale and pineapple juice
- Splash of Malibu rum
- Top with a fresh slice of pineapple
Sex on the Beach
- Equal parts cranberry juice and orange juice
- Splash of Peach Schnapps
- Splash of vodka
- Top with a fresh slice of orange
- Muddled strawberries
- Pink lemonade mix
- Equal parts Triple Sec and Coconut Malibu Rum
- Top with a pour of watermelon vodka
For the ultimate beach day packed with sun, sand and water, shop local. Visit Busch’s Fresh Food Market’s Blog for summer recipe inspiration, then stock up on your party needs at your nearest location.
Members of the editorial and news staff of The Detroit News were not involved in the creation of this content.